Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Naughty, naughty, naughty...

I have been a bit naughty recently, and ignoring my blog.
Where have I been you might ask...no where actually, just doing a million things at home and passing out at night.
To chill out a bit in the evenings I have been watching another great BBC series from Netflix. Set in the 19th century, it is called "Desperate Romantics" and is about the lives of the famous group of pre- Rafaelite painters, Rossetti, Hunt, Millais and Walters.
Not your usual stuffy period drama, this one is a romp and a laugh. Thoroughly entertaining and quite informative. Long, red, wavy hair abounds, as do naked women. It is really good eye candy from all sorts of  aspects!
It is has many episodes, so one is guaranteed loads of fun.


Rossetti; Lady Lilith

Lady Lilith


Hunt,The Lady of Shalott
The Lady of Shallot


Ophelia

I have seen some of these in the Tate Museum in London. Absolutely gorgeous.

I am linking to suelovescherries.blogspot.com for Rednesday, so go by and see what other peeps have for show and tell.

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like an interesting series. Love the pic's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful paintings! I've been in the Tate Liverpool but it has been yrs so I don't remember much about it.

    I've been addicted to so many BBC shows mainly britcoms and hubby is now addicted to four BBC mystery series. Happy to learn about another series to check out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the lady of shallot remind me of anne of green gables.
    i love your blog and just gave it an important award over at mine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what beautiful art! the series sounds very interesting. i've enjoyed several fiction books that center around a specific artist or piece of art.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for mentioning the series, I hadn't heard of it before. Looks like the young man from "Being Human" is in it too. We love BBC America over here.

    Happy Rednesday,
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am quite fond of red hair, my husband and two of my sons have it! Gotta love the red hair!
    Fondly,
    Ann
    @
    The Tattered Tassel

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all the Red in those great paintings! And yes, I caught that BBC programme over here in Spain too!

    What a lovely blog you have too. Will be back soon to read through earlier posts…

    Happy Rednesday! Have a great week,

    LOLA:)
    btw My Rednesday post is here!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Anne,

    I can relate to ignoring the blog. I used to post like a house on fire. Now, I am lucky to post and visit once a week.
    The series sounds like something I would enjoy. The pics are lovely.

    How is your son? Is he enjoying Army "life"?
    big hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh these ar superb paintings! Like it looks so lively.. Happy Sunday

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!